Primus Canada - Terrible customer service may cause damage to my credit rating
Stay far, far, far away. I was a very long time customer of their DSL service in Vancouver and Montreal (5+ years) and canceled about 8 months ago. I can't tell you how many frustrated hours I've spend on the phone with them trying to resolve the same issue over and over again (various issues over the years, in fact). I went through a lot of pain trying to resolve many technical and billing problems. I'd finally had enough when I decided their slow and unreliable DLS service was not worth the lower price - I was tired of service constantly dropping, which it would do at least two or three times a day, taking several minutes to come back online each time. And that's where the fun begins.
When I canceled 8 months ago, I had to return the old modem they lent me or there would be a $100 charge. They were supposed to send me something in the mail to stick to the box, with the address and postage paid. It didn't come, so I called and they said they sent another one. It didn't come. After several frustrated calls I finally just asked for the address, and paid for the postage myself. I waited, and sure enough they kept sending me bills with a $100 "modem not retunred" charge, and even sent me a collection notice (which I took VERY SERIOUSLY!!!). I called many times to try to sort it out, and eventually they realized they had received the modem but never credited my account for it, and I was eventually able to FINALLY close my account, about one month ago. They reassured me many times during the entire process that they would not send anything to collections while we were sorting it all out. And, guess what I received in the mail over a month after finally sorting everything out and closing my account? You guessed it - a notice in the mail from a collections agency demanding a $114 payment. I can only imagine what I'm going to have to go through now with them to rectify this, and how many hours I'll need to spend on the phone to ensure that they collections off my back and repair any damage to my credit rating that they have made. I have called them already about it, and they didn't seem to take it very seriously. It would almost have been more worth it just to pay the $100 modem fee from the start, even though that wouldn't have been fair, just to avoid all of this.
So there you are: stay far, far, far away from Primus. You won't enjoy your experience.
More Review Details
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "They failed to provide the fact that it is strictly a middle man company, and that after purchasing your local number you still have to pay for an account directly..."
- "After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is..."
- "Hello! I am reporting from Cleveland, Ohio and I was introduced to the ACN opportunity by my girlfriends parents, Corey and Tonya Anderson. I visited their home at Thanksgiving to..."
- "Again just a few seconds in wartank chat and i found pe.dophilia AND racism both of which violate terms of service but noone has been banned. Ill attatch screenshots...."
- "I have bought Magik Jack Plus, three years ago + a Canadian phone number. The second year (last year), I have renewed my MJP device, but not my phone number......"
- "1.they sold one same parking spot twice, to lure me in and paid more! but was occupied by another earlier moved in co-owner. I was told by the same sales..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "Big time violation. The management allowed a lady who is a close friend to move everything from her filthy apartment into my 80 year old aunts apartment after the ***..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."