Primus Canada - Terrible customer service may cause damage to my credit rating
Stay far, far, far away. I was a very long time customer of their DSL service in Vancouver and Montreal (5+ years) and canceled about 8 months ago. I can't tell you how many frustrated hours I've spend on the phone with them trying to resolve the same issue over and over again (various issues over the years, in fact). I went through a lot of pain trying to resolve many technical and billing problems. I'd finally had enough when I decided their slow and unreliable DLS service was not worth the lower price - I was tired of service constantly dropping, which it would do at least two or three times a day, taking several minutes to come back online each time. And that's where the fun begins.
When I canceled 8 months ago, I had to return the old modem they lent me or there would be a $100 charge. They were supposed to send me something in the mail to stick to the box, with the address and postage paid. It didn't come, so I called and they said they sent another one. It didn't come. After several frustrated calls I finally just asked for the address, and paid for the postage myself. I waited, and sure enough they kept sending me bills with a $100 "modem not retunred" charge, and even sent me a collection notice (which I took VERY SERIOUSLY!!!). I called many times to try to sort it out, and eventually they realized they had received the modem but never credited my account for it, and I was eventually able to FINALLY close my account, about one month ago. They reassured me many times during the entire process that they would not send anything to collections while we were sorting it all out. And, guess what I received in the mail over a month after finally sorting everything out and closing my account? You guessed it - a notice in the mail from a collections agency demanding a $114 payment. I can only imagine what I'm going to have to go through now with them to rectify this, and how many hours I'll need to spend on the phone to ensure that they collections off my back and repair any damage to my credit rating that they have made. I have called them already about it, and they didn't seem to take it very seriously. It would almost have been more worth it just to pay the $100 modem fee from the start, even though that wouldn't have been fair, just to avoid all of this.
So there you are: stay far, far, far away from Primus. You won't enjoy your experience.ef4f39a review #343862
You may also like
- "After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is..."
- "During the meet of the Restaurants owners in Chandigarh during the first week of February, the issue of paid news was officially discussed with serious concern. Instead of "create need..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "If you're thinking about getting the app, use this code BMSYH & you'll get a $5 credit free. Now on to my review. I found this super cute, super rare..."
- "Ideal feet naming rights and interlectual property was bought out by Optimum Foot Care. For any warranty concerns you may have please contact us 855-522-FEET. Store's in San Antonio TX,..."
- "I do RadiumOne Earned Gold free offers daily on Tagged.com Pets game. Really we need to blame Tagged for allowing RadiumOne to degrade the quality of customer experience on their..."
- "I cannot believe how Enterprise could release a car as filthy as the one they gave me. It even had someone's or some animal's hair all over the interior roof...."
- "Thursday i bought an external hard drive with the store's recomanded HDD and external case witch didn't work. I brought it back, they made me wait 1 hour, and then..."
- "I placed 3 orders on May 12 2012 and paid extra to be delivered May 13th by 9am -12pm None of the order got delivered. When I contacted the support they..."