Primus Canada - Terrible customer service may cause damage to my credit rating
Stay far, far, far away. I was a very long time customer of their DSL service in Vancouver and Montreal (5+ years) and canceled about 8 months ago. I can't tell you how many frustrated hours I've spend on the phone with them trying to resolve the same issue over and over again (various issues over the years, in fact). I went through a lot of pain trying to resolve many technical and billing problems. I'd finally had enough when I decided their slow and unreliable DLS service was not worth the lower price - I was tired of service constantly dropping, which it would do at least two or three times a day, taking several minutes to come back online each time. And that's where the fun begins.
When I canceled 8 months ago, I had to return the old modem they lent me or there would be a $100 charge. They were supposed to send me something in the mail to stick to the box, with the address and postage paid. It didn't come, so I called and they said they sent another one. It didn't come. After several frustrated calls I finally just asked for the address, and paid for the postage myself. I waited, and sure enough they kept sending me bills with a $100 "modem not retunred" charge, and even sent me a collection notice (which I took VERY SERIOUSLY!!!). I called many times to try to sort it out, and eventually they realized they had received the modem but never credited my account for it, and I was eventually able to FINALLY close my account, about one month ago. They reassured me many times during the entire process that they would not send anything to collections while we were sorting it all out. And, guess what I received in the mail over a month after finally sorting everything out and closing my account? You guessed it - a notice in the mail from a collections agency demanding a $114 payment. I can only imagine what I'm going to have to go through now with them to rectify this, and how many hours I'll need to spend on the phone to ensure that they collections off my back and repair any damage to my credit rating that they have made. I have called them already about it, and they didn't seem to take it very seriously. It would almost have been more worth it just to pay the $100 modem fee from the start, even though that wouldn't have been fair, just to avoid all of this.
So there you are: stay far, far, far away from Primus. You won't enjoy your experience.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Review rating
- 3 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Seems that over a year ago, VIDEOSTRIPE is saying that I used my debit card information to sign up for their service. Well, here we are one year later,..."
- "Customers Beware!!: Don't Buy from Frontier Communications: Speaking only as a customer of Frontier Communicationâ€™s High Speed Internet and Phone Services, I have done all I could to work out with..."
- "anyone know this *** and how we can get off his mailing list. he has somehow hijacked my email and emails me several times a day using my own email...."
- "Thursday i bought an external hard drive with the store's recomanded HDD and external case witch didn't work. I brought it back, they made me wait 1 hour, and then..."
- "1.they sold one same parking spot twice, to lure me in and paid more! but was occupied by another earlier moved in co-owner. I was told by the same sales..."
- "Has onyone else got ripped off by UNDZ.org. I recently ordered a couple of pairs of under wears for my boy friend. Although, I chose the rush shipping option I..."
- "London & London are the slime of the attorney community. They are a small family owned business specializing, in their own words "By engaging in skip tracing and asset locating,..."
- "I ordered a LARGE Bouquet of flowers for my partners birthday, when I got home I saw 4 roses and 2 lilies in a vase, I sent a picture and..."
- "went in for a short hair cut...i work in a factory and it is hot!! asked for it cut around the ears, #2 clippers at nape but left..."