Primus Canada - Terrible customer service may cause damage to my credit rating
Stay far, far, far away. I was a very long time customer of their DSL service in Vancouver and Montreal (5+ years) and canceled about 8 months ago. I can't tell you how many frustrated hours I've spend on the phone with them trying to resolve the same issue over and over again (various issues over the years, in fact). I went through a lot of pain trying to resolve many technical and billing problems. I'd finally had enough when I decided their slow and unreliable DLS service was not worth the lower price - I was tired of service constantly dropping, which it would do at least two or three times a day, taking several minutes to come back online each time. And that's where the fun begins.
When I canceled 8 months ago, I had to return the old modem they lent me or there would be a $100 charge. They were supposed to send me something in the mail to stick to the box, with the address and postage paid. It didn't come, so I called and they said they sent another one. It didn't come. After several frustrated calls I finally just asked for the address, and paid for the postage myself. I waited, and sure enough they kept sending me bills with a $100 "modem not retunred" charge, and even sent me a collection notice (which I took VERY SERIOUSLY!!!). I called many times to try to sort it out, and eventually they realized they had received the modem but never credited my account for it, and I was eventually able to FINALLY close my account, about one month ago. They reassured me many times during the entire process that they would not send anything to collections while we were sorting it all out. And, guess what I received in the mail over a month after finally sorting everything out and closing my account? You guessed it - a notice in the mail from a collections agency demanding a $114 payment. I can only imagine what I'm going to have to go through now with them to rectify this, and how many hours I'll need to spend on the phone to ensure that they collections off my back and repair any damage to my credit rating that they have made. I have called them already about it, and they didn't seem to take it very seriously. It would almost have been more worth it just to pay the $100 modem fee from the start, even though that wouldn't have been fair, just to avoid all of this.
So there you are: stay far, far, far away from Primus. You won't enjoy your experience.1186dceb review #343862
You may also like
- "I was charged without notice, and went I went to sign in my email address was invalid, so I was charged for a service I can't even use.Spoke to customer..."
- "I recently tried priceline.com to rent a car -- without success. No big deal. Subsequently I changed my mind and decided not to travel that week at all. Now, every couple..."
- "This is my story on how Go Daddy scammed/fraud me. The one thing that's not in this is that i got a $347.10 ticket from the police over the whole thing..."
- "READ ALL THIS AFTER MY 2015 RENTAL...WOW...SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE THIS WOMEN what amazes me if you look up the house their is a kitchen and the place is beautiful, the..."
- "I have attached a photo of the conditions my local walmart sees appropriate to keep living creatures in. In two different tanks this was happing. ENORMOUS mounds of dead fish..."
- "I ordered a desk unit and two side bookshelves. The desk looks great but has a major design flaw. When you pull the chair out to sit down, you bash..."
- "EBAY FAKE ITEM,# 301181007011 BUZZ ALDRIN autograph,obvious fake comes with a Steven Zarelli COA. A Quick opinion from an online service has given this item a likey Not..."
- "Has onyone else got ripped off by UNDZ.org. I recently ordered a couple of pairs of under wears for my boy friend. Although, I chose the rush shipping option I..."
- "ces 2 compagnies sont les mêmes, Il vendes des échantillons d essais, e , on doit payer 2.99 + frais de poste, alors j ai essayer les 2 produit. mais..."