Primus Canada - Terrible customer service may cause damage to my credit rating
Stay far, far, far away. I was a very long time customer of their DSL service in Vancouver and Montreal (5+ years) and canceled about 8 months ago. I can't tell you how many frustrated hours I've spend on the phone with them trying to resolve the same issue over and over again (various issues over the years, in fact). I went through a lot of pain trying to resolve many technical and billing problems. I'd finally had enough when I decided their slow and unreliable DLS service was not worth the lower price - I was tired of service constantly dropping, which it would do at least two or three times a day, taking several minutes to come back online each time. And that's where the fun begins.
When I canceled 8 months ago, I had to return the old modem they lent me or there would be a $100 charge. They were supposed to send me something in the mail to stick to the box, with the address and postage paid. It didn't come, so I called and they said they sent another one. It didn't come. After several frustrated calls I finally just asked for the address, and paid for the postage myself. I waited, and sure enough they kept sending me bills with a $100 "modem not retunred" charge, and even sent me a collection notice (which I took VERY SERIOUSLY!!!). I called many times to try to sort it out, and eventually they realized they had received the modem but never credited my account for it, and I was eventually able to FINALLY close my account, about one month ago. They reassured me many times during the entire process that they would not send anything to collections while we were sorting it all out. And, guess what I received in the mail over a month after finally sorting everything out and closing my account? You guessed it - a notice in the mail from a collections agency demanding a $114 payment. I can only imagine what I'm going to have to go through now with them to rectify this, and how many hours I'll need to spend on the phone to ensure that they collections off my back and repair any damage to my credit rating that they have made. I have called them already about it, and they didn't seem to take it very seriously. It would almost have been more worth it just to pay the $100 modem fee from the start, even though that wouldn't have been fair, just to avoid all of this.
So there you are: stay far, far, far away from Primus. You won't enjoy your experience.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Review rating
- 3 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "This service is the worse. Its slow and customer service is horrible. I make sure not to keep a credit card on file with them so that they wont automatically..."
- "4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out..."
- "i became a sales only dealer for exede. after becoming a dealer, the area manager told me that i probably would not be able to sell the service because..."
- "i was at minwaashin lodge it is a womens support centerbeing a transgendered woman -- they accuse me of being a cross dressing man -i am a woman of transisition--..."
- "Again just a few seconds in wartank chat and i found pe.dophilia AND racism both of which violate terms of service but noone has been banned. Ill attatch screenshots...."
- "Just buy a brand new bike and the dealer change the oil ,the engine start to leak ! Im back at my dealer and he said is not is fault..."
- "Got my boyds varment finished stock in and the finish is horrible there is sand scratches in the final finish over the entire stock, the butt of the gun feels..."
- "My flowers are already drooping and wilted after LESS than 24 hours and I followed the care instructions to the letter! The flowers arrived via FedEx (not hand delivered) and..."
- "My mother in law turned 89 yesterday. Her out-of-state son placed an order 2 days ahead so a pretty bouquet would arrive on her actual birthday (and I'm sure at..."