Primus Canada - Terrible customer service may cause damage to my credit rating
Stay far, far, far away. I was a very long time customer of their DSL service in Vancouver and Montreal (5+ years) and canceled about 8 months ago. I can't tell you how many frustrated hours I've spend on the phone with them trying to resolve the same issue over and over again (various issues over the years, in fact). I went through a lot of pain trying to resolve many technical and billing problems. I'd finally had enough when I decided their slow and unreliable DLS service was not worth the lower price - I was tired of service constantly dropping, which it would do at least two or three times a day, taking several minutes to come back online each time. And that's where the fun begins.
When I canceled 8 months ago, I had to return the old modem they lent me or there would be a $100 charge. They were supposed to send me something in the mail to stick to the box, with the address and postage paid. It didn't come, so I called and they said they sent another one. It didn't come. After several frustrated calls I finally just asked for the address, and paid for the postage myself. I waited, and sure enough they kept sending me bills with a $100 "modem not retunred" charge, and even sent me a collection notice (which I took VERY SERIOUSLY!!!). I called many times to try to sort it out, and eventually they realized they had received the modem but never credited my account for it, and I was eventually able to FINALLY close my account, about one month ago. They reassured me many times during the entire process that they would not send anything to collections while we were sorting it all out. And, guess what I received in the mail over a month after finally sorting everything out and closing my account? You guessed it - a notice in the mail from a collections agency demanding a $114 payment. I can only imagine what I'm going to have to go through now with them to rectify this, and how many hours I'll need to spend on the phone to ensure that they collections off my back and repair any damage to my credit rating that they have made. I have called them already about it, and they didn't seem to take it very seriously. It would almost have been more worth it just to pay the $100 modem fee from the start, even though that wouldn't have been fair, just to avoid all of this.
So there you are: stay far, far, far away from Primus. You won't enjoy your experience.12a16415 review #343862
You may also like
- "We have a contract signed w Exede for unlimited internet.They are charging us the quoted price but we are NOT getting unlimited internet. EXEDE / VIA SAT put us..."
- "Pissed consumer is a money scam . To try and intimidate small businesses into paying for their services. Of course companies (especially used vehicle dealerships ) have issues and not..."
- "So here it is 1am, I'm still up watching netflix, while also downloading app updates, computer updates, and downloading iTunes music. I wake up the next morning and here..."
- "i was at minwaashin lodge it is a womens support centerbeing a transgendered woman -- they accuse me of being a cross dressing man -i am a woman of transisition--..."
- "I have bought Magik Jack Plus, three years ago + a Canadian phone number. The second year (last year), I have renewed my MJP device, but not my phone number......"
- "Was looking for an article at The source on there web site at http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product.aspx?language=en-CA&product=1219605 And saw that there was two articles of this in there store and I made a..."
- "I have been buying these Trader Joe's Sweet, Savory & Tart Trail Mix Granola Bars for a few years. Today I opened the wrapper only to see the approx. ⅓..."
- "I orderd a intake manifold it did not fit due to a casting problem wherever this junk part was made. This caused 6 bent push rods and metal shavings in..."
- "I rented a car and did a cursory check of the vehicle (Honda CRV, 2015 UK plates...just in case it's used again to rip someone else off). As it was..."