Primus Canada - Terrible customer service may cause damage to my credit rating
Stay far, far, far away. I was a very long time customer of their DSL service in Vancouver and Montreal (5+ years) and canceled about 8 months ago. I can't tell you how many frustrated hours I've spend on the phone with them trying to resolve the same issue over and over again (various issues over the years, in fact). I went through a lot of pain trying to resolve many technical and billing problems. I'd finally had enough when I decided their slow and unreliable DLS service was not worth the lower price - I was tired of service constantly dropping, which it would do at least two or three times a day, taking several minutes to come back online each time. And that's where the fun begins.
When I canceled 8 months ago, I had to return the old modem they lent me or there would be a $100 charge. They were supposed to send me something in the mail to stick to the box, with the address and postage paid. It didn't come, so I called and they said they sent another one. It didn't come. After several frustrated calls I finally just asked for the address, and paid for the postage myself. I waited, and sure enough they kept sending me bills with a $100 "modem not retunred" charge, and even sent me a collection notice (which I took VERY SERIOUSLY!!!). I called many times to try to sort it out, and eventually they realized they had received the modem but never credited my account for it, and I was eventually able to FINALLY close my account, about one month ago. They reassured me many times during the entire process that they would not send anything to collections while we were sorting it all out. And, guess what I received in the mail over a month after finally sorting everything out and closing my account? You guessed it - a notice in the mail from a collections agency demanding a $114 payment. I can only imagine what I'm going to have to go through now with them to rectify this, and how many hours I'll need to spend on the phone to ensure that they collections off my back and repair any damage to my credit rating that they have made. I have called them already about it, and they didn't seem to take it very seriously. It would almost have been more worth it just to pay the $100 modem fee from the start, even though that wouldn't have been fair, just to avoid all of this.
So there you are: stay far, far, far away from Primus. You won't enjoy your experience.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Review rating
- 2 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "4 years ago we started with Century Link in Las Vegas. Loved it. Had Prism TV. Loved it as well. Moved to Florida and immediately called Century Link. Found out..."
- "Hello, I wanted to write a quick report on Ryan Maynard and his terrible copied program Online Profits For Newbies which used to be called Online profits For Dummies and he..."
- "So in order to reduce our cost , or so I was told , I had to switch my phones to new platform which required new phones. The original qote..."
- "I was a long term customer of Rogers Cable in 2003. But it all ended because Rogers would not look into my problems with its service. For one thing, I..."
- "Has onyone else got ripped off by UNDZ.org. I recently ordered a couple of pairs of under wears for my boy friend. Although, I chose the rush shipping option I..."
- "On Febrary 15, 2016 I've sold a wheelset on ebay. I received a notification about the payment from Paypal and sent the item. It was delivered by Febrary, 19 2016..."
- "one of their agent keeps on calling and sending emails with a booking i did not make, when i answer his call, i told him that the email he sent..."
- "I WAS IN UR FAMILY DOLLAR STORE TODAY MAY 27th,2016 AROUND 5:00PM, I WAS BUYING BATHROOM ITEM ALONG WITH A COUCH COVER. THE COUCH COVER RANG UP $20.00, BUT WAS..."
- "Sit means sit in Pittsburgh is by far the worst place you could go to get dog training. They use shock collars as their first "go to" resource before..."