Stay far, far, far away. I was a very long time customer of their DSL service in Vancouver and Montreal (5+ years) and canceled about 8 months ago. I can't tell you how many frustrated hours I've spend on the phone with them trying to resolve the same issue over and over again (various issues over the years, in fact). I went through a lot of pain trying to resolve many technical and billing problems. I'd finally had enough when I decided their slow and unreliable DLS service was not worth the lower price - I was tired of service constantly dropping, which it would do at least two or three times a day, taking several minutes to come back online each time. And that's where the fun begins.
When I canceled 8 months ago, I had to return the old modem they lent me or there would be a $100 charge. They were supposed to send me something in the mail to stick to the box, with the address and postage paid. It didn't come, so I called and they said they sent another one. It didn't come. After several frustrated calls I finally just asked for the address, and paid for the postage myself. I waited, and sure enough they kept sending me bills with a $100 "modem not retunred" charge, and even sent me a collection notice (which I took VERY SERIOUSLY!!!). I called many times to try to sort it out, and eventually they realized they had received the modem but never credited my account for it, and I was eventually able to FINALLY close my account, about one month ago. They reassured me many times during the entire process that they would not send anything to collections while we were sorting it all out. And, guess what I received in the mail over a month after finally sorting everything out and closing my account? You guessed it - a notice in the mail from a collections agency demanding a $114 payment. I can only imagine what I'm going to have to go through now with them to rectify this, and how many hours I'll need to spend on the phone to ensure that they collections off my back and repair any damage to my credit rating that they have made. I have called them already about it, and they didn't seem to take it very seriously. It would almost have been more worth it just to pay the $100 modem fee from the start, even though that wouldn't have been fair, just to avoid all of this.
So there you are: stay far, far, far away from Primus. You won't enjoy your experience.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Review rating
- 2 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I received a $50 Debit card from T-Mobile issued by CitiBank ( a risky and frustrating process alone). At no time was I advised or did I agree to an..."
- "Magic Jack is knowingly selling tens of thousands devices to the Indian Payday Loan scammers. These scammers, using the guise of the US Government, Advance America, Cash Advance..."
- "To Frontier Communications, As a internet service provider across the United States of America, you lay claim to the largest rural provider of Internet, and Telecommunications. While you are quite content..."
- "I ordered 2 128gb sandisk micro sd cards and 3 128gb Adata micro sd cards from a second seller, and 2 512gb usb flash drives they were all fake..."
- "We bought a sofa and love seat set from CASE FURNITURE. They sold us a 10 year extended warranty through Stainsafe.. Our sofa broke , The frame collapsed on one..."
- "There is a mail setting that allows a 'standard' user to only accept messages from 'upgraded' users. (see screenshot) This is ***. Considering the person is not him/her self an..."
- "Purchased several security cameras and supporting DVR. Approx $650 spent. Fought with the system for almost a year. Trying to get it to work correctly, involving our internet company, thinking..."
- "I feel your pain, I too have been a victim of their shady business, I went in on Mother's Day of this year 2016 and got a car from them,..."
- "What the reviewer below fails to disclose is he requested a refund after 8 MONTHS (see screenshot of receipt), and our refund policy is for 60 days. When he..."