Primus Canada - Terrible customer service may cause damage to my credit rating
Stay far, far, far away. I was a very long time customer of their DSL service in Vancouver and Montreal (5+ years) and canceled about 8 months ago. I can't tell you how many frustrated hours I've spend on the phone with them trying to resolve the same issue over and over again (various issues over the years, in fact). I went through a lot of pain trying to resolve many technical and billing problems. I'd finally had enough when I decided their slow and unreliable DLS service was not worth the lower price - I was tired of service constantly dropping, which it would do at least two or three times a day, taking several minutes to come back online each time. And that's where the fun begins.
When I canceled 8 months ago, I had to return the old modem they lent me or there would be a $100 charge. They were supposed to send me something in the mail to stick to the box, with the address and postage paid. It didn't come, so I called and they said they sent another one. It didn't come. After several frustrated calls I finally just asked for the address, and paid for the postage myself. I waited, and sure enough they kept sending me bills with a $100 "modem not retunred" charge, and even sent me a collection notice (which I took VERY SERIOUSLY!!!). I called many times to try to sort it out, and eventually they realized they had received the modem but never credited my account for it, and I was eventually able to FINALLY close my account, about one month ago. They reassured me many times during the entire process that they would not send anything to collections while we were sorting it all out. And, guess what I received in the mail over a month after finally sorting everything out and closing my account? You guessed it - a notice in the mail from a collections agency demanding a $114 payment. I can only imagine what I'm going to have to go through now with them to rectify this, and how many hours I'll need to spend on the phone to ensure that they collections off my back and repair any damage to my credit rating that they have made. I have called them already about it, and they didn't seem to take it very seriously. It would almost have been more worth it just to pay the $100 modem fee from the start, even though that wouldn't have been fair, just to avoid all of this.
So there you are: stay far, far, far away from Primus. You won't enjoy your experience.review #343862
You may also like
- "After leaving Centurylink due to our old 3mbps + phone that cost ~$100 we changed to Suddenlink for their 15/1 for ~$50. There is no doubt the speed is..."
- "Signed up for completely unlimited Internet service and exede /via sat is saying they don't have unlimited service. I have a hand written contract from the sales rep /instalation tec...."
- "Frontier Communications has to be the worst Internet provider there is. For the past 2 years now we have put up with either no Internet service at all for up..."
- "This is what I have ordered at the end of January. I did not received anything since today. Mad and desapointed costumer. How long it's gonna last now?! I guess..."
- "I was a long term customer of Rogers Cable in 2003. But it all ended because Rogers would not look into my problems with its service. For one thing, I..."
- "Has onyone else got ripped off by UNDZ.org. I recently ordered a couple of pairs of under wears for my boy friend. Although, I chose the rush shipping option I..."
- "Having a house built by Plantation Homes and the project manager is out of town. No work on the house all week and this is what I get! Was so..."
- "1) The dryer never shuts off, even if I select a timed dry. I have to set a personal timer, and go manually shut it off otherwise it just stays..."
- "I just ordered from pizza hut online. I ordered the 2 medium deal pizza which is $15.13 , wings which is $6.49, and meaty marinara which is $7.99. The subtotal..."